Thursday, November 7, 2013

Week 11 Update - Jailhouse finished

After 13.5 hours of work this week, I finally finished my final building of the Old West town.  The jailhouse/sheriff's office is complete!








I used dDo to make the iron all rusty and scratched and I really like the outcome.  I also used it to make the mattress pad nasty.  Overall I like the whole interior.  The shadows are a tiny bit blotchy because of UDK's ambient occlusion and the limits of shadow map size.  My lighting is a little dark and maybe a little too moody.

Next, I will be working on filling up my general store with merchandise.  I've started making the shelves so I can get the general layout done right away.  Then I'll just be doing one little object at a time and putting them on the shelves.  By completing this building today, I officially met my revised deadline for completing the buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment